Friday 7 November 2014

My A/W Lipstick Picks. . .

Left to right:
Mac - Rebel
Mac - Diva
Mac - Faux
Chanel - Foudroyante



One of my favourite things about Autumn/Winter is all the beautiful seasonal colours that take over, and what better than applying these gorgeous shades to your lips?! Here are a few of my most loved lip shades. .  

Firstly is 'Rebel' which my 14 year old niece bought me. (good choice Al!) This is a gorgeous purple shade and you can vary the depth of the shade by layering it up, or by wearing a lip balm on top to sheer it out slightly.  This colour is blue based so it is meant to give the appearance of whiter teeth. The lipstick has a satin finish, which is quite matte with touch of a sheen. As i suffer from dry lips especially when the weather gets colder, this lipstick does not look good, so lip prep is a must! I usually use a lip scrub and lip balm then apply. I do find that the wearing time is not brilliant, as i find with most mac lipsticks but it is a gorgeous colour and usually lasts around 2 hours until i have to re apply. 

As soon as i seen 'Diva' it was love at first sight, it is a deep reddish/burgundy shade which works really well with my complexion (being pale). It is a Matte lipstick but is definitely creamy enough to apply easily. What i love most is how bold this lipstick is and how dramatic it can make a makeup look.  This colour lasted me around 3 hours until i had to touch it up, it did begin to stick in my fine lines on my lips, but that was hardly noticeable. 

'Faux' has been my go to lipstick most days since september, it is a 'natural, pinky toned, neutral' colour is my best way of describing this colour. The shade compliments my skin tone very well. This lipstick does not dry my lips out whats so ever, it has a satin finish and i find it to be quite moisturising. I have worn this lipstick for 4 hours straight without re applying and that is including lots of cups os tea! 

Chanel's 'Foudroyante' lipstick is definitely a more luxurious lipstick with red/brown tones.  I love this lipstick and how it leaves my lips feeling moisturised and hydrated. The colour is build-able and can be worn as a bold colour or a sheer colour, also leaves a glossy shine to your lips. I would highly recommend this lipstick for those who suffer with dry lips like myself.  This is a perfect autumnal/winter shade! love, love, love.

What Lipsticks have you been loving? 



Love 
Heather.

No comments:

Post a Comment